Monday, August 24, 2009

American Avocet, Egrets in a tree, Red Tail and a Great Blue Heron in my Backyard August 24, 2009

American Avocet



Great Blue Heron on the Roof - can you believe this-I go to marshes to look for them and one comes to my house



Great Egret






The day was fantastic. For lunch I took a walk to a new location and what a treat. I was greeted by a red tail calling. When I was watching him I noticed 7 egrets in a tree. They were startled by the call of the red tail and flew around me for a good 5 min before they settled in the water and then flew back to the tree.
After work I went to see the Avocet at Pringle Creek. What a beautiful little bird.
Lastly I am just finishing supper when my next door neighbour comes and knocks on the door and say the great blue heron is on the roof. Grabbed my camera again and took a few shots.

What a day.